Deputy Finance Director
Deputy Finance Director
Abby for Iowa seeks a self-starting and creative individual to serve as Deputy Finance Director. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the finance program for an inspiring people-first candidate in one of the top Senate campaigns of 2022, all while gaining valuable experience in one of the most historically important political states in the country.
The Deputy Finance Director will work closely with senior finance staff, primarily to build out the in-state events program and help manage the national call time program. The deputy director may also assist with national events and PAC fundraising (focused on labor, leadership, and – in conjunction with other departments – ideological PACs) as required. This position is ideal for someone with 1-2 cycles of campaign finance experience.
- Oversee a portfolio of in-state fundraising events
- Draft written fundraising materials, including communication templates, invitations, and memos for finance events; coordinate and manage lists and data for finance events
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with high level donors
Staff in-state events, both in person and virtually
- Work with in-state finance director, senior finance advisor and national fundraising consultant team to identify additional high dollar meeting prospects; coordinate outreach and scheduling meetings and calls for the candidate with prospects
- Manage ongoing national donor prospecting for the call time program
- Assist in-state finance director and senior finance advisor in compliance and database management
- Assist with other tasks as needed.
- 1-2 cycles of campaign fundraising experience
- Prior event planning and donor maintenance experience
- Prior working experience with NGP, ActBlue, Word and Excel, Google drive applications
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, responsiveness and passion for the work
- Access to cell phone, laptop, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Experience working with digital teams
- Experience working in Iowa and Midwestern politics
Salary: $6,000/mo plus benefits
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] with “[NAME]: Deputy Finance Director” in the subject line. Candidates with non-traditional resumes or non-traditional ways of demonstrating the qualifications above will be considered.
Folks of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply to join our diverse and growing team!
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with Abby for Iowa due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status, disability, HIV-positive status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.