Abby Finkenauer for Iowa seeks an Organizing Director to join a growing team working to elect Abby as the next U.S. Senator from Iowa. This is an exciting opportunity to help build the organizing program for an inspiring people-first candidate in one of the top Senate campaigns of 2022, all while gaining valuable experience in one of the most historically important political states in the country.
- Create and execute a statewide field plan.
- Recruit, train, and manage a large organizing team.
- Develop staff and volunteer training curricula and materials.
- Establish metrics, goals, and standards of accountability for staff and
- Work with other departments to mobilize prospective voters using digital organizing tools and innovative strategies.
- Analyze data and modeling to track progress for target universes.
- Foster relationships with organizations and groups around Iowa and identify ways to include them in the campaign’s organizing efforts.
- Plan and implement voter mobilization strategies within organized labor, activist groups, faith communities, and college campuses.
- Organize and staff field events around the state.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ cycles of organizing experience, ideally at the Regional Field Director or Field Director level.
- Understanding of targeting, modeling, and metrics.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, training and managing other people.
- Experience building and managing grassroots events.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders and community leaders.
- Advanced proficiency in VAN and GSuite.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
Salary range: $6500-7500/mo plus benefits
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] with “[NAME]: “Organizing Director ” in the subject line. Candidates with non-traditional resumes or non-traditional ways of demonstrating the qualifications above will be considered.
Folks of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply to join our diverse and growing team!
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with Abby for Iowa due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status, disability, HIV-positive status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.