Abby for Iowa seeks a logistics-oriented campaign professional to serve as Scheduler and Body Person to the candidate. This is a great opportunity to work closely with an inspiring people-first candidate in one of the top Senate campaigns of 2022, all while gaining valuable communications experience in one of the most historically important political states in the country.
The Scheduler/Body Person is responsible for working closely with senior leadership to organize and maintain the candidate’s busy schedule and accompany the candidate to events around the state.
- Maintain the campaign’s master calendar;
- Work closely with senior staff to schedule and coordinate campaign events;
- Drive and staff the candidate at various events;
- Assist with the planning and execution of campaign events;
- Coordinate logistics for campaign travel, such as hotels, transportation, and meals;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in team settings, handling multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and travel as needed;
- Excellent organizational habits;
- Experience working in campaign operations preferred.
Salary: $4,500-5,500/mo plus benefits
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] with “[NAME]: Scheduler/Body Person” in the subject line. Candidates with non-traditional resumes or non-traditional ways of demonstrating the qualifications above will be considered.
Folks of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply to join our diverse and growing team!
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with Abby for Iowa due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status, disability, HIV-positive status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.